Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the library during library open hours to anyone who has the necessary devices and software, via an open, unsecured network. The library makes the Internet available to the public as an information and educational source in support of its role as the community’s information and lifelong learning center.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library cannot guarantee that the service will be available at any specific time or that you will be able to make a wireless connection. Signal strength varies within the building.
- The Library cannot guarantee internet speed or quality of connection. Speed is dependent on the number of concurrent users and types of applications being run. As with any Internet connection, the speed may fluctuate due to heavy Internet Traffic.
- The Library’s wireless network is not meant to be used as a primary network connection for individual library customer use. Customers are expected to avoid applications that will use large amounts of network bandwidth. Examples would include servers and file-sharing applications.
- Please charge your battery before coming to the library as the library cannot guarantee that there will be an outlet available in the wireless power area for you.
- Library staff and/or representatives are not allowed to directly or indirectly configure users’ laptop or handheld computers, install any devices or software on patron owned computers or devices. Please contact the vendor or manufacturer of your laptop, device or software if you need assistance with these issues.
- The library’s wireless network is not secured against potential electronic eavesdropping; therefore the Library cannot guarantee the privacy of any data you transmit across our wireless network.
- The end user is responsible for all aspects of computer security when using their own equipment to access the wireless network. This includes antivirus, privacy protection and system integrity.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any alterations or interference with a laptop configuration, operation, or data files resulting from connection to the Library’s wireless network.
- The library is not responsible for any changes you make to your computer’s settings.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any damage, theft, or loss of any kind to a user’s equipment software and data files or other personal property brought into or used by the library.
- Printing is not available via the wireless connection.
- All customers are expected to use the library’s access in a legal and responsible manner, consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided. Customers will not violate federal, Wisconsin or local laws, including the transmission or receiving of pornography or harmful materials, fraud or downloading of copyrighted material.
- Any restriction or monitoring of a minor’s access to the Library’s wireless network is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.