Date(s) - 09/20/16
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
Would you love to make a difference in your community and offer your voice and ideas to your local library? The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of teens from the Palmyra area who have an interest in their library and the future of their library. The TAB will provide input on what kinds of programs, events, activities, and even books they’d like to see the library provide.
Where and When does TAB meet?
TAB members commit to meeting once a month at the library to discuss books, movies, teen issues, and to plan and implement programs! The meetings will be held on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
What does TAB do?
- Brainstorm, plan, and implement teen programs in coordination with the library director
- Be an advocate for your library
- Recommend books, magazines, movies, etc. for the YA collectioN
- Assist with creating bulletin boards, flyers, and displays in the YA area
What could I possible get out of something like this??!!
- Improve your community and your library by offering your time and talents
- Develop leadership, planning, and communication skillS
- It will look GREAT on your resume and when applying to colleges
- Help decide what materials will be purchased for the YA area, so YOU can check them out and recommend to others
- Have fun, socialize, and make friends!
Who is encouraged to apply?
- In Grades 7th – 12th
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the library and the community
- Able to commit to monthly meetings and volunteer throughout the year
- Excellent communicators
- Willing to follow library policies and guidelines and behave in an appropriate manner as a representative of TAB and the Powers Memorial Library
So, how do I apply?
Fill out the Powers Memorial Library TAB application and return it to the Main Circulation Desk! Shortly afterwards, you will be contacted about your application and our first meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Angela Zimmermann at
(262) 495-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org