Powers Memorial Library is grateful for material donations or monetary gifts and accepts them during normal operating hours. The collections have been greatly enriched by the donation of many fine books and other materials which the library would not have otherwise purchased. Please be aware that in acceptance of the donations, the library holds the items to the same standards as purchased materials.
Donations are accepted subject to the following limitations:
- The library retains unconditional ownership;
- The library makes the final decision on acceptance and disposition.
- No old text books, National Geographic magazines, or Reader’s Digest condensed books will be accepted for the collection but may be donated for the book sale.
- Gifts of money or real property will be accepted if conditions attached thereto are acceptable to the Board of Trustees and/or Village Board.
- The library will not accept “for-deposit” materials which are not outright gifts.
Any offers of substantial monetary gifts or offers of equipment, art objects, special collections, etc. should be referred to the library director. Such offers will be accepted or rejected based on considerations of need, appropriateness, maintenance, precedence, etc. Any gift accepted will be subject to the same conditions as stated above.
Especially desirable donations include:
- Print and manuscript materials on the history of the community and region.
- Current bestsellers, both fiction and non-fiction.
- Current audio books, music CD’s, and movies (VHS and DVD).
- Children’s books in good condition.
Guidelines regarding the condition of material:
- Materials must be in good usable condition.
- Materials must be free of molds and odors caused by musty conditions, smoke and other offensive odors.
- Materials must be reasonably clean and free of excessive dust, grit, cobwebs, rodent droppings, and the like.
- Materials must be free of bugs, silverfish, and other insects.
If you would like a tax receipt for the items that you are donating, be sure to pick one up from the Main Circulation Desk when you drop your items off. Powers Memorial Library cannot be responsible for the estimation of any donations.
Powers Memorial Library thanks you for your generosity.
Please contact us at (262)495-4605 with any questions.