Library Clerk (Part-time)
The Powers Memorial Library is currently accepting applications for a part-time Library Clerk.
The Library Clerk performs a variety of tasks to support the activities and operations of the library. Tasks include perform routine daily functions and coverage of the circulation desk, providing accurate and friendly service at all times to patrons. The Library Clerk may also be required to assist in the development, implementation and in conducting library programs and community outreach.
The position is approximately 10 hours per week, and candidate must be available evening and Saturday hours. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team environment, as well as take initiative and be motivated to work on individual projects.
Nature of Work:
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Library Clerk performs a variety of task to support the activities and operations of the library. The Library Clerk is responsible of monitoring and supporting the library in the absence of the Director. The Library Clerk shall perform accurate and friendly service at all times to patrons, as well as assisting in the opening and closing duties of the library. The Library Clerk may also be required to assist in the development, implementation and in conducting library programs and community outreach.
- Assists in opening and closing procedures of the library.
- Assists in administering library services and programs
- Able to perform routine daily functions and coverage of the circulation desk and performing clerical work
- Registers borrowers and check application cards for completeness.
- Shelves materials correctly. Check shelves to be sure that materials are in good order.
- Notices and removes items that need repair.
- Takes garbage and recycling out to the street. Assists with snow removal as necessary.
- Accurately checks in and labels new periodicals the day they are received.
- Prepares overdue notices and delivers items as necessary to the post office
- Answers phone promptly and courteously
- Maintain a positive and welcoming demeanor in all situations
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as take the initiative and have the motivation to work on individual projects
- Ability to independently organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Positive and friendly demeanor
- Accuracy in clerical skills
- Basic knowledge of computer operations and the ability to learn and operate library automated systems
- Ability to shelve, sort, shelf-read, accurately check-in and check-out library materials
- Able to promote the mission and purpose of the Powers Memorial Library
- Assist in the advertisement and conducting of monthly programs
To apply fill please fill out the below job application and forward it to:
Traci Plotz, Library Director
Powers Memorial Library
PO Box O
Palmyra, WI 53156