Assistant Librarian (Part-time)
The Powers Memorial Library is seeking a creative, customer-service focused, team player for the position of Assistant Librarian.
Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Assistant Librarian performs a variety of task to support the activities and operations of the library. The Assistant Librarian is responsible of monitoring and supporting the library in the absence of the Director. The Assistant Librarian shall perform accurate and friendly service at all times to patrons, as well as assisting in the opening and closing duties of the library. The Librarian Assistant may also be required to assist in the development, implementation and in conducting library programs and community outreach.
- Assumes the duties of the Director in the Director’s absence
- Assists in opening and closing procedures of the library.
- Is able to perform all duties and responsibilities of a library clerk
- Assists in administering library services and programs
- Able to perform routine daily functions and coverage of the circulation desk and performing clerical work
- Prepares items for Interlibrary Loan
- Assists patrons with reference questions
- Possesses a working knowledge of all aspects of the library’s automated system
- Maintain a positive and welcoming demeanor in all situations
- Ability to use a multitude of library and internet-based technology, including, but not limited to: e-Book readers, laptops, tablets, social networking and office productivity software
- Assists Library Director with promotion and advertisement of library services and programs
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as take the initiative and have the motivation to work on individual projects
- Ability to independently organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Positive and friendly demeanor
- Accuracy in clerical skills
- Basic knowledge of computer operations and the ability to learn and operate library automated systems
- Ability to shelve, sort, shelf-read, accurately check-in and check-out library materials
- Able to promote the mission and purpose of the Powers Memorial Library
- Assist in the advertisement and conducting of monthly programs
All applicants must complete an employment application. Applications will be available in the library or from the library website at https://www.palmyra.lib.wi.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/APPLICATION-FOR-EMPLOYMENT20131.pdf. Please mail the application to the Powers Memorial Library, PO Box O, Palmyra, WI 53156. For more information or questions, please contact Library Director, Traci Plotz, at 262-495-4605 or at email@example.com.
The Powers Memorial Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and neither the Library nor its employees or agents shall discriminate against any employee, or any qualified applicant for employment, because of age, sex, physical or mental impairment, race, religion, creed, national origin, arrest record or conviction record, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, military service, marital status, or any other protected classification under state or federal law. Selection, promotion, compensation and other actions related to employment shall be based solely on qualification and merit.